Change the way you eat
I JOHN 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
STRAITWAY TRUTH DELIVERANCE MINISTRY
ONLINE DELIVERANCE MANUAL
Change the way you EAT!
The following information is within an article I found, while reading a book by Gene Moody. It was written by a nurse named, Jeanne Paul. Jeanne happens to be a Nurse Anesthesiologist, who has sent these horrible facts about illnesses that are happening today to modern men, women and children all because of the way we eat!
Do you live to eat or eat to live? You cannot eat like a Devil and live like Jesus.
- 80 million Americans are overweight. 30 million are obese (20% above ideal weight). 30 to 50% of these are Christians. 50% of males over 30 and 75% of females over 40 are overweight.
- Some chronic conditions comparing normal to overweight people follow:
- Cholesterol gallstones are 300% more frequent.
- Toxemia of pregnancy is 700% higher.
- Infection of urine collecting part of the kidney is 500% greater.
- Diabetes Mellitus is 400% more common.
- There are more maternal deaths.
- Infections are 200% more frequent.
- Postoperative mortality is 250% greater.
- High Blood Pressure is found 250% more frequently when you reach age 45. (And I might add, now at age 28).
- Over consumption of meats, fats, sugar, cholesterol, salt and alcohol have been linked with a higher incidence of six of the ten leading causes of death in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, strokes, diabetes, arteriosclerosis and high blood pressure.
- Turn of the century (I might add the 20th from 1900-1999), Americans were eating 4 pounds of sugar a year; today we consume 130 pounds per person per year – some statistics put it as high as 200 pounds because of the different type sugars being added to most prepared foods.
- Readers Digest, September, 1987, stated that Americans eat 3 million gallons of ice cream per day and 3,000 tons of candy per day.
- 20% of the American diet is now sugar. At the turn of the century there were very few diabetics; now there are 10 million with 600,000 new cases annually. (I might add now considerably higher since this article was published).
- 20 years ago they never heard of hyperactive children; now there are 1 million.
- Many pre-school children have rotted-off teeth.
- At the turn of the century, people died most often from bacterial-type diseases. Now they are dying from degenerative disease: diabetes, cancer, heart disease and strokes. Then, 1 in 13 had cancer, now 1 in 3, and by 1990, 1 in 2. The age of chronic disease onset is much earlier.
- The annual death rate from hardening of the arteries and degenerative heart disease in the U.S. for men age 50 to 59 is the highest in the world. Many accident victims and young men killed in Vietnam had the arteries of 55 to 60 year olds. The most common surgery in men under 55 is coronary by-pass surgery:
- 2 to 5% die on the operating table.
- 42% are back in two years for more heart surgery.
- 47% are dead in 5 years.
- There are now more children born with plugged arteries and children having heart attacks by age 5 to 6 years.
- In 1912 the first heart attack was reported. Now 1 million Americans have heart attacks per year and spend 5 billion dollars trying to recover. Heart disease is not world wide. South Africa has to import Americans doctors to teach them how to treat tourists who have heart attacks.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company has shown that a man 45 years old, who increases his weight by 25 pounds over the standard weight, reduces his life expectancy by 25%, i.e. he dies at age 60 instead of 75.
- Every pound of fat you add to your body forms and must nourish approximately ¾ mile of blood vessels and flush them with blood every 5/6th of a second. The extra burden on the heart has statistical results as follows:
- 70% of the new cases of hypertension are directly attributed to weight gain.
- For every ten pounds a man puts on, his blood pressure rises 6.5 systolic (top number).
- 30 million Americans have high-blood pressure.
- The American Cancer Society says that at least 60% of cancer is diet related. 90% of colon cancer could be avoided with fiber. Breast cancer can be greatly reduced by lowering sugar, fat and caffeine consumption.
- The American Heart Association suggests the percent of calories from fat must not exceed 25 to 30%. The average Americans now is 40% and some think much higher.
- People are mislead by the polyunsaturates in margarines and oils. You must look for hydrogenated on the label which is simply eating plastic. The only way the body can handle this is to deposit it in the arteries.
- 30% of American women have osteoporosis and that is a world record. Many factors are involved such as low calcium intake, birth control pills, less weight-bearing exercise and higher consumption of phosphoric acid (the fizz in pops). The onset of this disease is much earlier after the 30’s and even some men are developing it.
There is no excuse for being overweight! You can be healed by God or be managed by your doctor. The choice is yours. You will spend thousands of dollars getting treated by man when you could learn how to be obedient to the living GOD! Your demons can be cast out in the name of JESUS. You can ask God to help you in your quest to lose weight. There are no excuses (mentally, physically, or spiritually) for being overweight. You cannot find one excuse in the Holy BIBLE to support your weight condition!
Many people are overweight because they deal with rejection. Deal with your rejection and you can lose weight. Remember, you cannot take care of spiritual problems with natural means.
Praise the Lord! Come Lord Jesus come!
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Pastor Charles Dowell Jr.
Servant of the Lord Jesus Christ